The BIM&DIGITAL Award 2017 is organised as a partnership between BuildingSmart Italia and Digital&BIM Italia with the aim of:
- recognising companies, start-ups and businesses that have developed new digital tools and technologies for improving the effectiveness of the construction and management process, with special emphasis on protection of the built environment and redevelopment and restoration of the existing heritage and infrastructure;
- helping to promote an awareness of projects and works that exploit digital innovations and in particular BIM, with the aim of improving the performance and effectiveness of design, implementation, management and maintenance processes.
The BIM&DIGITAL Award 2017 is part of the event Digital&BIM Italia, which will be held at BolognaFiere from 19 to 20 October 2017.
The competition is open to the following categories:
- Commercial Buildings
- Public Buildings
- Large Buildings
- Small projects
- Heritage improvement and restoration
- Networks and utilities
These first seven categories are open to all organisations presenting projects that exploit digital innovations (especially BIM methods and systems) to improve performance and increase the effectiveness of the design, implementation, management and maintenance processes.
- BIM initiative of the year
This category is open to any organisation that has developed new ways of operating in a BIM environment capable of improving the effectiveness of design, implementation and maintenance projects. The initiatives may include the development of software, tools and collaborative processes, management of data and new working approaches, and the use of innovative tools.
- Digital technologies for the construction process
This category is open to any organisation that has developed new digital tools for improving the effectiveness of the processes of surveying, reconstruction and vision, design, implementation and maintenance, particularly for renovation and restoration operations that can be carried out in a BIM environment.
Participation is open to:
Categories from I to VIII
- engineering companies;
- public service companies.
Categorie from VIII to IX
- research institutes;
- companies exhibiting at Digital&BIM Italia.
Projects and/or technologies that have won awards in other competitions in or before 2015 are not eligible to take part. Technology producers and software developers not participating in Digital&BIM Italia 2017 are likewise not entitled to compete.
- 27 June 2017: starting date for online submissions
- 20 September 2017: closing date for online submissions
- 02 October 2017: publication of finalists
- 19 October 2017: presentation of awards to selected projects at Digital&BIM Italia
- 20 October 2017: presentation of finalists at Digital&BIM Italia
The jury will choose a shortlist of project finalists, which will be announced on 2 October. From the shortlisted projects the Jury will select up to 3 winners per category; the list will be published on 19 October on www.digitalbimitalia.it
All participants who submit projects will receive a discounted entrance ticket to take part in the International Conference “BIM, DIGITALIZZAZIONE ED EVOLUZIONE DELLE COSTRUZIONI IN ITALIA” and visit Digital&BIM Italia from 19 to 20 October 2017.
Finalists will receive a free entrance ticket to take part in the International Conference entitled “BIM, DIGITALISATION AND EVOLUTION OF CONSTRUCTION IN ITALY” and visit Digital&BIM Italia from 19 to 20 October 2017. The finalists’ projects will be exhibited in a dedicated area of the exhibition, published on the DIGITAL&BIM Italia website and publicised on Edilio, BIMPortale and Edilbox during the weeks following the event.
The WINNERS in each category will be hosted in Bologna (1 member of each winning organisation for one night’s BB + train transfer) to present their project/initiative/technology to the jury, colleagues and the press. A second member of the winning organisation will receive free admission to take part in the International Conference entitled “BIM, DIGITALISATION AND EVOLUTION OF CONSTRUCTION IN ITALY”. All winners will receive a plaque and will have the chance to present their projects at Digital&BIM Italia. The winning projects will be exhibited in a dedicated area of the exhibition, published on the DIGITAL&BIM Italia website and publicised on Edilio, BIMPortale and Edilbox during the weeks following the event.
The Jury may also grant a mention to further projects that have excelled in terms of innovation and originality. The Jury may grant awards or mentions to a smaller or larger number of projects as it considers appropriate.